Dartmouth will mark the 10th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and remember community members who lost their lives on that day, in a ceremony on Sunday, September 11, 2011.
Community members are invited to gather in front of Dartmouth Hall at 12:15 p.m. for a tolling of the bells, brief remarks from Dean of the College Charlotte Johnson, remembrance of those who were lost that day through a reading of their names, and a moment of silence.
In addition, the College is observing the September 11 anniversary by sharing reminiscences of that day in a series of videos featuring members of the College community:
- Rory Gawler ’05, assistant director of outdoor programs
- Susan Lee, Dartmouth web services
- James Geiling, MD, Dartmouth Medical School professor
- Jill Cassels, human resources representative
- Peter Ciardelli, audio visual specialist in the Department of Film and Media Studies
- Samantha Azinge ’12, from Brooklyn, N.Y.
- A Conversation with Michael Arad ’91
- Henry Paulson ’68, then CEO of Goldman Sachs