While Hanover and the Dartmouth campus were largely spared by the storm, the impact of Hurricane Irene and consequent flooding in the surrounding area is immense. Lives have been lost, homes and businesses have been damaged, and thousands of people were cut off from power and road access.
Many members of the Dartmouth community have expressed a desire to help our employees, friends, and neighbors in need. Please watch this page for updates on the developing response effort and information about how you can contribute.
Messages and updates
- Dartmouth Community Continues to Aid Victims of Hurricane Irene (9/9/11)
- Dartmouth Community Helps With Hurricane Cleanup (9/2/11)
- Community service regarding Hurricane Irene on September 2
- Paid leave time for Hurricane Irene volunteers (9/1/11)
- A Message from President Kim on Hurricane Irene (8/31/11)
- Hurricane Irene Update-August 28 1:45 pm (8/28/11)
- A Message for Dartmouth Parents Regarding Hurricane Irene (8/27/11)
- Weather Advisory: Hurricane Irene (8/26/11)