- Geoffrey Canada, Commencement Address
- Maura Farley, Valedictorian
- Josh Kornberg, Valedictorian
- Joel Malkin, Valedictorian
- Anna Morenz, Valedictorian
- Marina Romani, Valedictorian
- President Folt, Valedictory to the Seniors
Honorary Degree Citations:
- Geoffrey Canada (Doctor of Humane Letters)
- Susan Desmond-Hellmann (Doctor of Science)
- Carol L. Folt (Doctor of Science)
- Louis V. Gerstner Jr. ’63 (Doctor of Humane Letters)
- Judith Jamison (Doctor of Arts)
- William H. King Jr ’63 (Doctor of Humane Letters)
- Alanis Obomsawin (Doctor of Arts)
- Subra Suresh (Doctor of Science)
Canada is president and chief executive officer of Harlem Children’s Zone, Inc., a nonprofit organization that provides educational opportunities to children from underprivileged areas in New York City’s Harlem.
Seven Dartmouth students—five valedictorians and two salutatorians—will be recognized at Sunday’s 2013 Commencement.
Student Marshals are chosen by their classmates for their integrity, enthusiasm, and other traits.
As the Class of 2013 bids farewell, Dartmouth Now profiles some of the College’s newest graduates, including future journalists, health care providers, and economists.
Zoe Kopp ’13 and Kate Kranenburg ’13 will work next year for the nonprofit organization.
- Dartmouth Fulbright Winners Set to Teach, Research Abroad
- Nine Dartmouth Students Named Schweitzer Fellows
- Baccalaureate 2013: For Brothers and Sisters, A Blessing
- Library Honors Graduating Student Employees
- What’s the Story with Those Walking Sticks?
- Commencement Notes for the Dartmouth Class of 2013
- Staff Snapshot: Kathleen Cunneen
- Follow Dartmouth’s Commencement on Twitter at hashtag #dartgrad
- Join Dartmouth’s Facebook page for Commencement updates
- The First Dartmouth Commencement
- What is the medal that the president wears during Commencement?
- How are honorary degree recipients selected?
- Photos: Heirlooms and Artifacts