Read the full story, published by the Geisel School of Medicine.
Nine new members of the Geisel School of Medicine’s Academy of Master Educators were introduced during Dean Wiley “Chip” Souba’s annual State of the Medical School address on Thursday, May 30, 2013.
Members of the group were nominated by their fellow Geisel School of Medicine faculty because of their demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and medical education. Academy members are leaders in medical education innovation at the Geisel School of Medicine, educating students and residents, advising Dean Souba and Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education Rich Simons, and raising the overall quality of education by mentoring faculty and residents in their quest to become better teachers.
“I am continuously amazed and impressed by the quality and dedication of our faculty,” said Souba. “Learning is at the core of what we stand for at Geisel and our Master Educators are recognized for their teaching excellence. I am grateful for their service and leadership.”
The newest members of the Academy of Master Educators are:
- Petra J. Lewis, professor of radiology and of obstetrics and gynecology
- Richard J. Comi, professor of medicine
- Nancy E. Cochran, associate professor of medicine
- Robert A. Maue, professor of physiology and neurobiology and of biochemistry
- Morris Levin, professor of neurology and of psychiatry
- Kenneth W. Burchard, professor of surgery and of anesthesiology
- Jonathan M. Ross, professor of medicine and of community and family medicine
- Cathleen E. Morrow, associate professor of community and family medicine
- Dean R. Madden, associate director of the Dartmouth Lung Biology Center and professor of biochemistry