Kudos recognizes Dartmouth faculty, staff, and students who have received awards or other honors.
Andrew Campbell, a professor of computer science, and Xia Zhou, an assistant professor of computer science, won a Google Faculty Research Award for their work on “Cutting Wi-Fi Scan Tax for Smart Devices.” Campbell and Zhou are co-directors of the Dartmouth Networking and Ubiquitous Systems Lab.
Dartmouth received five 2014 Excellence Awards from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE). As noted on its website, the annual CASE awards are given to “individuals and schools doing innovative work in the fields of special events, fundraising, stewardship, volunteer engagement, alumni relations, student alumni initiatives, advancement services, and communications.” Dartmouth, a member of North Atlantic District 1, received the following awards:
- Digital Communications, Social Media (alumni and advancement programs), Advancement Division, “Creating Irresistible Content to Drive Engagement,” Gold
- Digital Communications, Institutional Websites: Dartmouth.edu, Bronze
- Print Communications, Magazines (circ. Under 25,000), Best Design, Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth Engineer, Honorable Mention
- Print Communications, Newspapers/newsletters, Office of Public Affairs, Dartmouth Life, Silver
- Program Awards, Annual Giving Programs, Advancement Division, “Dartmouth College Fund Music Download Program,” Silver
Douglas Moody, a senior lecturer in Spanish and Portuguese languages and literatures, has been selected as this year’s Dartmouth recipient of Campus Compact for New Hampshire’s Presidents’ Good Steward Award. The award recognizes “a member of the faculty, administration, or staff member who has contributed his or her professional expertise in service to the wider community and who has significantly advanced public service on their campus.” Moody is being recognized for his work with The Tucker Foundation’s Cross Cultural and Service Education Program in Nicaragua.
Did you or a colleague recently receive an award or honor? Please tell us about it: firstname.lastname@example.org