June 27, 2014
What: Dartmouth Summit on Sexual Assault
Where: Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH
When: Monday and Tuesday, July 14 and 15
Dartmouth will host a Summit on Sexual Assault for several hundred college and university representatives, experts, students, and non-profit organizations from around the country, which will provide participants with an opportunity to discuss best practices and policy analyses that can assist colleges and universities in preventing and responding to sexual violence on their campuses. The Dartmouth Summit on Sexual Assault will include several events open to media on July 14 and 15.
Conference presenters will include national experts, practitioners from institutions around the country, and federal agency representatives. Featured speakers during plenary educational sessions on July 14 and 15, which are open to the media, will include:
- Dr. David Lisak, National Forensic Expert on Sexual Assault
- Claudia J. Bayliff, Consultant and Speaker on Sexual Assault and Prevention
- Jackson Katz, Cofounder of the Mentors in Violence Prevention Program
- Jean Kilbourne, Author of Can’t Buy My Love: How Advertising Changes the Way We Think and Feel and So Sexy So Soon: The New Sexualized Childhood and What Parents Can Do to Protect Their Kids
- Sut Jhally, Founder and Executive Director of the Media Education Foundation
- Catherine E. Lhamon, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Education
- Alan David Berkowitz, Health and Social Justice Consultant and Program Designer
- Sharyn J. Potter, Co-Director of the University of New Hampshire Prevention Innovations: Research and Practices for Ending Violence Against Women
- Jane Stapleton, Co-Director of the University of New Hampshire Prevention Innovations: Research and Practices for Ending Violence Against Women and Coordinator for National Training and Technical Assistance Consortium to Prevent Sexual and Relationship Violence and Stalking
Further details about the Dartmouth Summit on Sexual Assault schedule will be posted on the website in the future.
Press Registration: Complimentary registration and press passes are available for credentialed working press, who register to attend the summit in advance. Press who meet the media registration criteria will be accredited as space permits.
For press registration and more information, please click here or visit https://www.dartmouth.eduhttps://www.dartmouth.eduhttps://www.dartmouth.edu/sosa/media.html, to access the online media registration form.
Media contact: Diana Lawrence | firstname.lastname@example.org | 603-646-8222