Running Blog: News from the NCAA Championship Meet
June 14, 2014
- Follow Abbey D’Agostino ’14 and four other Dartmouth track and field athletes as they compete at the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Eugene, Oregon. Also competing are John Bleday ’14, Dana Giordano ’16, Curtis King ’16, Megan Krumpoch ’14. Pat Salvas, assistant director of varsity athletics communications, is keeping up with the action covering the meet from Oregon.
June 13, 2014
- Abbey D’Agostino ’14 Claims Third, Dana Giordano ’16 finishes 22nd The career of the most prolific track & field athlete in Ivy League history ended Saturday afternoon at Historic Hayward Field. And not in the fashion many saw coming.
June 12, 2014
- Fifth Place and Big Finish for Megan Krumpoch ’14 Krumpoch saved her best for last, setting a new school record in the 800 meter national final at the 2014 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships, running a 2:03.82 at Historic Hayward Field.
- John Bleday ’14, Curtis King ’16 run in 5,000 meter final John Bleday ’14 and Curtis King ’16 ran in the 5,000 meter men’s national final, with King finishing 21st and Bleday crossing the finish line 24th.
June 11, 2014
- Day Three in Eugene: Training, Catching Up With Big Green Alumni Thursday was the first day that the full contingent of Dartmouth student-athletes and staff were present in Oregon. It was also the only day during the four-day meet on which no one from the Big Green was scheduled to compete.
June 10, 2014
- Megan Krumpoch ’14 Advances to Finals in the 800 In front of nearly 10,000 spectators at Oregon’s historic Hayward Field on the first day of competition, Megan Krumpoch ’14 overcame what appeared to be too much ground to make up and used a huge kick at the end of her 800-meter race to send her to Friday’s final 800 race.
- The Big Green in Eugene: Arriving in Track Town USA Nearly 24 hours since leaving Hanover and the Dartmouth campus, we finally arrived at Hayward Field for the 2014 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships.
Abbey D’Agostino ’14, one of the most decorated athletes in Ivy League history, finished third in her final race for Dartmouth on Saturday, June 14, in the NCAA Division I Women’s Outdoor Track and Field Championships, in Eugene, Oregon.
June 14, 2014
D’Agostino Finishes Third in Her Final Collegiate Race I
n a bittersweet finish to an extraordinary college running career, seven-time national champion in track and cross-country Abbey D’Agostino ’14 finished third in the 5,000 meter at the NCAA Outdoor Track & Field championships in Eugene, Ore. Wearing the Dartmouth uniform for the last time, D’Agostino, from Topsfield, Mass., was in a large pack of runners that got out to a slow start for the first mile of the 3.1-mile event.
A crowd gathered at Memorial Field to watch Abbey D’Agostino ’14 run her final college race.
It was a special–and unusual–Reunion week event as Dartmouth alumni and community members gathered at Memorial Field to watch Abbey D’Agostino ’14 compete in her final race for Dartmouth.
June 9, 2014
D’Agostino ’14 Looks to Her Final College Race
“Abbey to me is the greatest NCAA female athlete the Ivy League has ever produced,” says Mark Coogan, Dartmouth’s assistant track and field coach. “She is going down as one of the all-time great college athletes, period.”
D’Agostino’s list of accomplishments speaks for itself: She was the first Ivy League runner (male or female) to win a cross country national title; she has won more national titles than any other female Ivy League athlete in history; and she is the only woman ever to win both the 3000- and 5000-meter indoor national championships twice in a career.
Dartmouth Alumni Magazine In the fall of 2010 Abbey D’Agostino ’14 arrived on campus to compete on the cross-country team. Four years and seven national titles later, she’s become one of the most prolific athletes in Dartmouth history.
March 15, 2014
D’Agostino ’14 Captures Two More National Championships
Abbey D’Agostino is the first woman ever to win the 3000-meter and 5000-meter in the same meet in consecutive years.
February 17, 2014
Scholar Athlete of the Year Award for D’Agostino
Abbey D’Agostino ’14 has been named the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) Division I Women’s National Scholar Athlete of the Year for the 2013 cross country season.
November 23, 2013
D’Agostino ’14 Wins 2013 Cross Country National Championship
The Dartmouth senior is the first Ivy League runner ever to win the NCAA cross country title.
June 7, 2013
Abbey D’Agostino ’14 Wins Fourth National Championship
For the second year in a row, D’Agostino won the title in the 5000 meters.
March 9, 2013
D’Agostino ’14 Wins Two Titles at NCAA Indoor Championships
The Dartmouth track and field standout made history by winning two long distance events.
June 9, 2012
D’Agostino ’14 Wins Women’s First-Ever Individual National Title for Dartmouth
Abbey D’Agostino ’14 won the NCAA Division I National Outdoor Track and Field Championship title in the 5000 meters.
Athletics Bio: D’Agostino’s Accomplishments
A complete listing of Abbey D’Agostino’s races as a member of Dartmouth’s women’s winter (indoor) and spring track and field teams and the fall women’s cross country team.
D’Agostino in the News:
D’Agostino Chasing Even More Titles
Sports Illustrated, 12/9/13
Abbey D’Agostino’s Unlikely Domination at Dartmouth
Running Times, 8/26/13