Faculty and Staff
The academic procession assembles from 2-3 p.m. on the Hood Museum Patio, light refreshments will be provided.
At 3:05 p.m. the procession forms a double line in order of seniority. Seniority is established by year of receipt of baccalaureate degree. There will be tall signs with academic years onsite to assist with lineup. The academic procession will be led by the faculty marshals, Barbara Will, Jane Lipson, and Sam Levey.
We are aiming to start the procession at 3:15 p.m. The Order of March will be:
- The bagpiper
- Platform Group (President, Deans, Board of Trustees, and speakers)
- Members of the Senior Leadership Team
- Faculty Marshals leading the Visiting Delegates and Dartmouth marching faculty and staff.
We will process across Wheelock Street to the center of the Green, then to the stage on the north end of the Green (same location as Commencement).
The faculty marshals will lead you to your seats on either side of the main stage. Please remain standing until the head marshal gives the signal to be seated. The ceremony begins at 3:30 p.m. and ends between 5-5:30 p.m.
A ceremony program and water bottle will be on your chair on the faculty riser. A portable restroom is located behind the stage, or you can access the restrooms in Rollins Chapel or Dartmouth Hall.
Regalia: Academic attire is required to march in the procession of the inaugural ceremony.
For those who have ordered rental regalia: Rental regalia is available for pickup Wednesday, Sept. 19 and Thursday, Sept. 20 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The pickup location is the Conferences & Events Office located at 5 Allen St., Suite 250.
- Rental regalia must be returned in the same labeled bag it was in when you picked it up.
- Regalia can be returned after the ceremony on Friday, Sept. 22 to the Hood Museum Patio until 6 p.m. to the regalia collection box, or to the Conferences & Events office at 5 Allen St. between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on the following Monday—Thursday. Regalia must be returned no later than Thursday, Sept. 28.